Wednesday, 24 January 2018

M3-Exlain how the created media components comply with the codes and conventions of the media sectors

There are multiple codes and conventions for creating a radio advert to make sure that I have created a successful advert I have followed these codes and conventions.

Typical radio adverts range between 15 and 60 seconds this is because if it was any shorter than 15 seconds then you wouldn’t be able to include all the information that you need to. If it was any longer than 60 seconds people would lose interest and not pay attention to the whole advert. To make sure that I could include everything in my advert, but they didn’t lose interest I made it exactly 60 seconds long. Walsall colleges advert was only thirty seconds long but i had to include more information so mine is longer.

Most radio adverts will contain a music bed this is music that is played in the background of the advert. The music bed cannot be too loud if it drowns out the person talking in the advert then the advert will not be successful. The music being played in the background must also be appropriate for what the advert is about. After I inserted the music I listened to the advert to make that It didn’t drown out the audio. I also picked music that I thought was energetic and fitted the theme of the advert. In all of the radio adverts that i listened to there was music in the background.

Most radio adverts contain a slogan, this slogan must be memorable so that it sticks in the mind of the target audience. Then when they think of the slogan they associate it with the product you are selling or service you are providing.Walsall college included the slogan “realise your dream” so I have included a slogan at the end of the advert “Destination, success”

In radio adverts they talk about the qualities of their product this is to try to encourage the audience to buy or use their product. I have done this when I say “In 2017 54% of A level results achieved at Deyes were A* to B” and “In 2015, Deyes achieved good, in overall effectiveness from OFSTED” I have included these because it would encourage students to enrol at this college but it would also appeal to parents as they would want to send their child to a school where the grades are good. In the Walsall college advert they said that they recieved good from OFSTED so i included a similar statistic.

Direct address is commonly used in radio adverts so that the listener fells that the advert is directly aimed at them. I have done this in my advert when I said” Do you want a college that is with you every step of the way?” This makes the listener feel more involved because I said “you” and also asked them a sentence. Direct adress was used by Walsall when they said “realise your dream” i did the same by saying ” Do you want a college that is with you every step of the way?”

 
There are multiple conventions that are used in a print advert these are the ones that I included in my project.

A convention of print adverts is to have a large heading so that what the advert is about is instantly recognisable. I have done this by having a large heading that says College @ Deyes this is so that people know instantly that its for a college and that it is college @ Deyes. Other colleges such as Newcastle included a large heading in their adverts so I did as well. 









 







Print adverts almost always include a logo this is so that whenever you see that logo again in the future you associate it with that product. I have included the sixth forms logo in the top left corner this is so that if the audience see that logo again in the future they will associate it with college @ Deyes. Other colleges such as Newcastle included a logo in their adverts so I did as well. 


 








































Print adverts contain slogans, this slogan must be memorable so that it sticks in the mind of the target audience. Then when they think of the slogan they associate it with the product you are selling or service you are providing. I have included the slogan “Destination, success” this is the same slogan that I used in my radio advert. Other colleges such as Newcastle included a slogan in their adverts so I did as well.













All adverts have a colour scheme that relates back to the business. The colours blue and red are used on the school’s website. So, I used them in the website so that they associate the advert with the school and its website. Newcastle had a set colour scheme so I used one too.













Print adverts often don’t contain much test this is because people may lose interest. I have little text on my poster I have a statistic about exam results and the location and how to contact the school. As my poster is going on the side of a bus it wouldn’t have much text anyway as you would have to read quickly before the bus moves. There is little text on the Newcastle poster and there is little on mine.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment